Saturday, January 6
Annual social dinner. This year's dinner will again be held at
Fritzl's European Restaurant and Pub,
377 North Rand Road,Lake Zurich, IL.
If you attended the 2017 Holiday Party, you know you had a great time.
Outstanding German cuisine with good friends. What could be better?
Fritzl’s received terrific reviews, so we are returning for more gemütlichkeit.
Our evening begins with cocktails at 6:00PM with an open bar, compliments of your
Club. Dinner will be served at 7:00PM, Family Style offering the following entrees:
- Fritzl's Schnitzel (Breaded Pork Tenderloin Filet)
- Bavarian Style Oven Baked Chicken
- Carved Roast Sirloin of Beef
- Served with Green Bean Almondine and Spaetzle (Egg Noodle Pasta)
- Your choice of Liver dumpling soup or salad and Fritzl’s special
honey blintz dessert will also be served.
Following dinner, the fun begins. Once again, we will have a raffle
of some very lovely items courtesy of the Midwest 356 Club Goodie Store
and other Porsche friends.
Back by popular demand, we will also have a White Elephant Gift Exchange.
Last year, many interesting White Elephant gifts found new and
loving homes. Here are the details about how our White Elephant Gift
Exchange will work:
- Each attendee brings one wrapped gift to contribute
- The gift should be something you already own, but no longer need or want
- If you have nothing around your home, visit a thrift shop and spend no more than $20
- The gift should weigh less than twenty pounds
- The gift should be smaller than a breadbox
- The gift should be sufficiently tasteful that the recipient wouldn’t
be embarrassed to show it to his or her mother
The cost is $50.00 per person. To place your reservation, please do two
things: First, send an email to
by December 26, 2017 to tell us you will be joining
us and how many will be in your party. This will reserve your table.
Next, please send your check made payable to Midwest 356 Club to
Ed Leed, 37 Lakeview Dr., Barrington, IL 60010.
Your advance payment will officially register you. Due to the
restaurant’s deadline for a headcount, we may be unable to ensure your
meal if you register after December 26th.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Saturday, January 20
Monthly breakfast meeting, 9:00 AM, at
Cantigny Park, 27w270 Mack Road, Wheaton, Illinois. (NOTE:
Access to the Red Oak Room, where our breakfast will be served, is
via the Mack Road entrance at the south end of the park, not the
main entrance on Winfield Road.) Click
here for a map
to the site.
Breakfast will be followed by a presentation by Paul Muschoot, the
owner of Blackhawk Farms Raceway.